Using Salesforce to manage volunteers at your nonprofit
- August 24, 2021
- 13 min read
- BY Michael Yuasa, Founder & CEO
Volunteers are the life blood of most nonprofit organizations and Salesforce offers a best in class approach to ensure your volunteer staff is properly managed and communicated with.
In this video we’ll show how your nonprofit can use Salesforce to manage your volunteers. Additionally, we’ll show examples of how to create events, add volunteers, assign shifts, credit volunteer hours, pull reports and review dashboards.
‘Volunteers for Salesforce’ works in tandem with the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP).
One Time Event (Campaign)
- Create a one time event. Ex: Yearly Holiday Dinner Event
- Give a name and a date for the event
Create Volunteers (Contacts)
-Create a Volunteer as a contact.
Capture Volunteer skills and availability
Enter the following for the volunteer
- Status (Active, Inactive, New Signup, Prospective)
- Skills (Cooking, Gift Wrapping)
- Availability (Ex 8 - 10 AM on Weekends)
Manage the volunteer jobs that need to be filled
Create the following for a Campaign
- Skills required
Assign Volunteers to Shifts
- Search for Volunteers for a job shift based on availability and skill requirement
- Assign volunteers from search result to one ore more job shift
Log Volunteer Hours
- Enter volunteer hours for each Volunteer
- Use the ‘Mass Edit Volunteer Hours’ feature that is available for Job Shifts
Volunteer Reports and Dashboards
- Example of data in the Volunteer Reports and Dashboard
Featured in this Video
Michael Yuasa | Antarctic Founder and Creative Director
Bharani Natarajan | Antarctic Technical Director & Founder of Spagylo Tech.
Ready to drive growth and impact through digital startegies?
ANTARCTIC EXPLOER’S CLUB
Get Your Nonprofit Ready For #GivingTuesdayNow May 5!
A national day of giving will be a wonderful way to lift the spirits of a country at a standstill.
Why Doesn’t Your Organization Have an Individual Giving Program?
Your 4-step strategy to get your individual giving program off the ground.